Developing a growing Low Carbon Hydrogen sector is one of the Key Focus areas for the UK’s Green Industrial Revolution.
The government’s Ten Point Plan makes the plan clear that Hydrogen production is one of the key technologies in moving towards a cleaner and greener energy. With the global focus now on decarbonisation low carbon hydrogen has a critical role towards our transition to net zero emissions by 2050 and limit the global warming temperature rises to not exceed 1.5 ˚C above pre-industrial levels.
In achieving our 2030 5GW ambition and delivering production levels needed for CB6 and net zero, there are various barriers like:
- High production cost relative to high-carbon fuel alternatives.
- High technological and commercial risks.
- Demand uncertainty.
- Policy and regulatory uncertainty.
- Safety Aspects Related to Hydrogen Production, Storage, and Transportation in Multi-Sectors
- Technical barriers related to each component and/or to the process as a whole that limit efficiency, effectiveness, reliability and safety.
- Public awareness and social acceptance.
The aim is overcome these and many other barriers to use Low carbon hydrogen to support the country’s deep decarbonisation including the hard to electrify industrial sectors.
Keeping that aim at heart, Santane offers a wide range of services to support the players throughout the chain to assist them in designing and creating the technologies and infrastructure to provide an efficient, successful, and greener energy source.
Our Solutions include:
- Feasibility Studies
- Technical Due Diligence
- Regulatory Framework
- Design Reviews
- Technical Reports
- Safety Engineering & Risk Management
- Assurance and Verification
- Human Factors and Ergonomics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Studies