Floating offshore wind projects are anticipated to grow in scale around the UK from 2020 to 2035 – from small demonstrator projects to full scale commercial projects. This growth in scale is consistent with the broader growth in offshore wind development in the UK as well as in other parts of the world with efforts to achieve “net zero” in near future.
As this international focus on offshore wind is increasing, there are going to be a number of offshore-wind related projects which we expect would require rigorous design reviews and HSE studies.
Being a specialist consulting services company for more than a decade for offshore assets like FPSOs, FSRUs, Floating LNG and other offshore projects and having that experience we are now keen to take that forward to renewable energy, especially for offshore wind projects.
We believe that the synergies between offshore wind and oil and gas are high and projects in offshore wind can benefit a lot from the best practice and skills we have gained from within the oil and gas sector. Our ethos of Innovation and Continuous Improvement drives us to create the bespoke solutions that offshore wind needs right now. There is long-term commitment from Santane to develop and offer cost effective and value-based services to this sector.
Broad Categories of Services - Santane - Windfarm Life Cycle
Some of the recent studies conducted include:
- Regulation and regulatory guidance;
- Identification of risks, areas of uncertainty and delays;
- Identification of opportunities, efficiencies and improvements;
- Hazard identification;
- Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies;
- Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA);
- RAM Study;
- Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA);
- Losses Study for Auxiliary and Ancillary systems;
- CFD Study;
- EMC Field Study;
- Earthing Study;
- Lighting Protection Study; and
- Audible Noise Study.